Monday, February 2, 2009

Little Shots at Happiness

Do you sometimes forget to be happy, or forgetting to laugh or smile at something that might seem trivial or even frivolous?

Here are some things that had me smiling and counting my blessings, however small they are.

  • Going on vacation (on a 'resilience' package)

The good thing that comes out from recession is LOW COST FLIGHTS!!!

Case in point- Tokyo flight tics at $698, incl. taxes and surcharges! On SQ no less. And how about chancing upon a fantastic deal online? Finding studio apartment accommodation (from Ascott hor, don't play) in the heart of Shinjuku at 'introductory' prices cos' it is opening just 2 days before we arrive. So for a swanky apartment with kitchen, living room and all, it comes up to only $140+ (per apartment) a night (if you think that's still exp, we are talking about Tokyo, mind you).

  • Online shopping and selling

I recently started my very own Boho Boutique online and have since garnered favourable results. The joy of sealing a deal is well…happiness! These are 2nd hand clothes but the thought of somebody willing to buy them is just great, cos' its cash for something you don't need right?

And ASOS.com- g.o.d.s.e.n.d

  • Running

I should be keeping up with it, thou I admit I get lazy. But the run near my neighbourhood really perks me up at the end of it- the sunset, wind blowing in face…plus it is really is great to sweat it out. I enjoy the feeling of being able to get off my arse, go running and feel rejuvenated at the end of it.


 

What about you? Share!

1 comment:

AnoMalY said...

my 2 big shots of happiness everyday is thinking up yummy dinners to cook for alan and seeing timmy smile and laugh as if i'm the coolest and funniest person on earth!