Thursday, February 19, 2009

Liberated

Hair is like a security blanket to a woman.
It is this blanket that gives us our character and personality and it takes particularly a great deal of courage to chop these locks off esp. since you have them with you for ages. And I mustered my courage to do this last weekend.
I can’t remember the last time I had short hair, but most people tell me they like me with my long hair, with abit of natural waves. But after countless dye jobs, perms and dried, split ends, I decided to call it a day. Just back to healthy, short hair that is low maintenance, without having to worry about a) flyaway hair sticking onto your lip-glossed lips, b) hair going into your food while eating or c) hair getting stuck into your epilator, as a result me having to cut off a part of it when all the hair you wanted removed were just those on your armpits.
And I never looked back! It feels great coming out from the hair salon. I literally felt lighter, with no excess baggage. I didn’t know hair could carry this much weight. I had compliments that I looked younger, fresher and even the reception at the salon asked for my student card. Btw, Essensuals Salon at Starhub Centre did the job- Jonathan was the bomb.

Here’s to a brand new me!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Slowly grow it back again ley, girl! ;P