Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Reflections

Wah lau. At this time, exactly a week from now, I will be back in Singapore.

Tomorrow marks my last day at school, the Universita per Stranieri di Siena, the place where I met friends from around the world whom I know I will keep for life, where I learnt Italian for almost everyday for 4-5 hours. It's strange having to say goodbye, to a place which u have got so accustomed to, the staff, the teachers, even the idiosyncracies belonging to different nationalities. It's strange not having to wake up at 8, walk to school every morning and grabbing a cup of coffee along the way. I wouldn't necessarily describe the feeling as sad but rather, bittersweet. It will be difficult seeing these people again, or even experiencing like this, I guess it's something you do once-in-a-lifetime. But to those who have been wanting to pursue their dreams, go for it! You don't know what you have been missing out.
So yeah, I am taking my final (!) exam tomorrow. It is heartening that I am able to speak and converse in Italian nowadays rather confidently, considering how far I have come.

Now, it's time to go home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Experiences and memories you'll keep with you for the rest of your life, Sweets. =) It's all good.