Thursday, May 24, 2007

Shit Happens

I guess you can never consider yourself a true-blue resident in any part of Europe till you have been hit by some form of animal excretion at least once.

A friend's mum had to leave her shoes behind on the streets of Paris after stepping on a pile of dog poo. (Remember SJP in Sex and the City? When she had to leave behind her beloved Manolos?) On a recent trip to Venice, two friends were hit by shit from pigeons. One on the head and another one on her top. I got my own fair share of shit too 2 weeks back when it landed on my arm. And last week, my friend and I were standing near a shop talking in Florence and ...'splat'!- right between the two of us. A rule of thumb is not to stand close to buildings where pigeons usually park themselves above, and decide to take a toilet break.

But do you know that getting hit by bird poo in Italy is considered good luck? It signifies that something really good will happen to the person here. So till the next time I get hit again, wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Babe - time to buy 4D already! Or Lotto or whatever the equivalent is in Italia. =)