Friday, May 18, 2007

The not so dolce vita part 2

This is my second consecutive post about the ugly side of Italy. Make no mistake about it, I love Italy and all and its people are warm and friendly. But isn't there always a 'but'?

Yesterday evening as me and some friends were having drinks at a bar, two losers came up to us and conveniently plonked themselves down next to us. After the usual 'Where are you from?'; 'What are you here in Italy for?' (despite trying to brush them off), one guy resembling a drunken cokehead asked if he could take a sip from my drink. I rolled my eyes and blurted 'NO'! He went on to ask me in Italian 'Do you know the meaning of 'puttane'?' I said no and I did not wish to know and told him to leave. Sure he got up and left, after shouting in my face 'Sei puttane!!!' The meaning of 'puttane' - whore. He is one smelly cunt himself.

Not the end of the story.
Loser no.2 : 'You have a boyfriend?'
Me: 'Yes I have a boyfriend.'
Loser no.2: 'Oh ok......so you wanna come to my place for dinner tomorrow night?'
Me: '.................er NO?!'
(thinking to myself: didnt' I just mention that I have a boyfriend??)

Losers!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The nerve - I'm at a loss for words.

How I wish I'd been there at the time.