Saturday, March 3, 2007

I (heart) Siena

So yeah, I have set foot in Siena! It's gorgeous! It's small, very old, very quaint, very boho, and strangely hip. There are a lot of crazy people like me who have put aside things back home to come here to study and live. I've met Brazilians, Canadians, Germans, Thais, Polish and Turkish at the school so it's kinda cool just like the movie 'Spanish Apartment'.



Spring has arrived early. The weather is terrific, chilly but the sun is out. Great for doing...nothing. The area where I stay is very near Piazza Del Campo, as depicted in the picture, and I have discovered some pretty neat shops. There is a shop selling vintage, a gorgeous bakery 'Nannini' with freshly made biscotti and cakes and lovely supermarkets with yummy yummy food (I am there everyday), nothing like you've seen in S'pore.


The Italians here are very warm. The almost 50 people I have enquired for directions have all been very helpful. Apart from the little setback in which my laptop screen is screwed, I love where I am now.


Everyone should visit Italy at least once in their lifetime!


No comments: