Friday, October 31, 2008

Oven not ready. Yet.

Hello, I am bad-tempered and lazy. I never make my bed just cos' I don't see the reason to, dislike showering in the morning as I would rather sleep in, enjoy throwing diva fits, does zero housework and love spending money. The bf said 'Motherhood will change you'. It will make me more responsible, less prissy.

Oh did I mention my biological clock is not ticking just yet? I am at the stage where people ask me when I am getting hitched and pregnant, blah blah, if not, you will be too old to give birth etc etc. How can pregnancy and having babies be enticing if I see my colleague having to pump milk in the office every 5 hrs and has to miss out on outings or overseas work assignments? Or another colleague whose face swelled and her nose became twice the normal size? Or hearing kids compare about where their parents take them for holidays or even which flight class they take?

The thing is, I am selfish. Till my oven is ready, I want to remain pretty, slim and be ready to head out to town as and when I feel like it. And I am not afraid to admit it. Well, at least I won't be an irresponsible parent by having kids unprepared and unready.

Not to say I will never have kids. If I know my kid/s will grow up in a good, nurturing environment (read: not Singapore), then I would go through the trouble of getting knocked up. But for now, I just want my sleep marathons without waking up at godforsaken hours.

6 comments:

Zanne said...

Hmmmm - u tell me where is a good place to raise children?

AnoMalY said...

i thought i was ready for kids but honestly, they change yr life completely. Even though i want to say how fulfilling and meaning life will be and you'll enjoy yr baby... (which is ALL true), yr world will revolve around that tiny being and not around you anymore.

Then again, I've never felt more beautiful and though i miss my sleep marathons, I miss timmy even more when i'm out about town.

I reckon (minus the education system and kiasu parents), Sg is one of the best places to raise kids coz it is so easy to get help. U can still get yr 8-hr sleep and go partying by getting yr family or domestic help to babysit.

kiat said...

I also agree that Spore should be one of the best places to raise a kid, coz ur kid would be relatively safe and u'd be able to get decent education. Although yes, the system can freak pple out. But we grew up here and I think its pretty alright, no? Spore wont be the Spore we are today, if things developed differently. We prob would be having a harder life. But of coz, other places are lovely coz of the different lifestyle. I'm sure there are good and bad points to every single place!! :)

I am like you, totally not ready abt kids. I cant imagine wat it'd be like to have ur life revolve ard the kiddo. Did ryan propose!?!?! keke.

Zanne said...

Ryan is keeping quiet here... hehehe. And so is Eileen.

yah, Amy's blog is totally about Timmy now - and it's scary to read that. I mean I can understand how much you can love a child, but it's scary for me to think that my life will revolve so much around someone else other than me.

I don't know if Singapore will be the best place, but then again, I don't know where is the best place.

Anonymous said...

well, we agree we won't be ready till 2010. There are still things i want to do before setting up family, like trekking in Bhutan, doing another exchange program overseas etc. And honestly, I am not so selfless (yet) to give up all these things I want to pursue.

Singapore may be a good place to raise a kid, but it scares me that everyone has become a mould or clone that the govt hopes us to be. yikes.

Anonymous said...

No, Ryan hasn't proposed to Ling... yet. :)