Friday, August 15, 2008

Money No Enough

With all that talk about rising costs and inflation blah blah blah, what's a girl to do if she wants to satiate her shopping desires?

Well, I got some really good tips, but perhaps nothing some of you don't know already…

  1. Shop during sale

This is a no-brainer. Don't get me mistaken. I am not talking about cheesy Mango sales, where you pretty fight it out with other chicks, believe me, they should make shopping a competitive sport. I am referring to clear-out and overstock sales that are always held in hotel function rooms. They are amaaaazing and make me so fulfilled at the end of it. I went to one held by Inhabit, this store that sells cult label jeans that cost as much as an arm and a leg and boy, was I blown away. Everything was AT LEAST 50% and above and to top it off, there was an additional 10% off on the last day (which I went). C'mon, there were jeans at 95% off! I happily walked away with a pair of 7 for all Mankind jeans, demin skirt and Rock and Republic top for about 250 bucks! And there were sizes and major labels like True Religion, Sass and Bide, Alexander Wang etc. I am excited all over again! Wey!

  1. Sell…and Buy

Get rid of old clothes to make space …and money. The Tanglin Mall flea market is a great way to get rid of ratty tank tops, old Mango/Zara past seasons (Mango- perennial fave for buyers), bags, shoes etc. You can break even in profit most of the time, unless you are selling hideous outfits. Expect a couple of hundreds in turnover even. And buy new clothes.

  1. Buy online

We know that US dollar is falling fast and we know online shopping pays back more than ever. But do you know that certain things are also cheaper in Euros? Like Birkenstocks. They sell over a hundred bucks here, but typically it sells for 'bout 30 euros-40 euros (just x2 for SGD) in Europe. Just google Birkenstocks and shopping sites pop up. Gather a few friends and shipping costs can be waived, and you save as much as $50!

Happy shopping!!!


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your new Sevens, Baby!