Monday, June 2, 2008

Foreplay is Over

My fave four is back!

I don't care if it's all part of popular culture, but I love everything about the show. I mean, I have watched all 6 seasons like 3 times, and it just keeps me coming back for more. I like the fact, the show doesn't try to disguise us women as victims, but rather we are truthful and upfront about what we want, be it extravagant shoes, expensive labels and rich boyfriends. I think what really makes the show so popular is that it is so frank to the point that it makes you think. When Carrie keeps going back to Big, yah you think she's a sucker but aren't we all suckers at some point when you meet The One?

Back to the movie, it's a chick flick, everyone else appears, but I can't help but feel something is missing. True, you can't compare it to the series, cos' it's 2 hours cramped up together, but it's so glossified that you hardly recognise some of the characters anymore. The huge part of the fun was seeing all four of them, but with the focus very much on SJP, the essence was just somehow lost. Samantha lost her vibe, Miranda gets a new haircut, new wardrobe, the person she never quite was, well at least Charlotte stayed consistent.

Don't be mistaken, it's still quite fabulous, if not for the outfits.

Now it's back to re-runs.


No comments: