Thursday, April 19, 2007

Spaghetti Bolognese?

The reason why I love Bologna apart from the fact that they have H&M (they have the new Madonna line, yes I am shallow), is that it is such a nice cross between Florence and Siena. In terms of size, style, level of 'touristiness' etc.

Florence is beautiful, but too touristy at times. Siena is a great place to live in but too small. So Bologna is a nice hybrid of the two. Tons of brick-walled buildings and churches. Plenty of cute shops. May not be the top choice for many people when they head to Italy for a vacation, but still worth a visit! Recommended! I Approve!
More pics here:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess Bologna would be sort of what Brisbane is like - a happy mix between the 'happening' built-up-ness of Melbourne and the laidback nature of Perth...? I miss Brizzy!

AnoMalY said...

if you have time dear, go visit venezia. beautiful, quaint and simply magical. :)

ryan - how can be compare any parts of italy to brisbane!!!

Anonymous said...

babe, I've just been to Venice. It's amazing!!!

but Brizzy must be nice too!! We'd go together ok Baby!

Anonymous said...

I was trying to draw a parallel. Some might consider Italy to be more picturesque than Australia, but hey, I lived Down Under for a bit and I loved it. Sure, we'll go together, Baby! =)