Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Food, Glorious Food!

Been a while since I last spoke about food, so here goes...
I had a taste of the best pizza in Italy, in my opinion. Interestingly near my old apartment, which I have always passed by, but had never once stepped in. It's a slightly dingy place, named San Martino's, not glamorous or stylish at all, but man, was the pizza heaven! Goes to show that looks do not matter when it comes to food.

And there was my Tuscan cooking class which was heaps of fun! Real Tuscan cooking! Wey! We made ravioli (something like dumplings) from scratch, using the pasta machine. Brava! And we made biscotti which we later had with Vin Santo. Oh that and eggplant lasagne too.

After which we had dinner the Italian way, with vino, as Elisabetta, our teacher who's a sweetheart, explains the cuisine of Italy. Very nice. Very yummy.

Me working at the pasta machine

Elisabetta, our teacher
My clumsy effort at domestication

Pigging out after working our butts off

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so like,,, does this mean u can cook for me when u come back? huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, you did well k. Love your pix and am sure your cuisine will be fab as well. I can't wait!